Simple Icons Maintainer
2017 - 2020
SVG icons for popular brands.
I started contributing to the Simple Icons project by submitting a Pull Request for the CSS3 icon (#373). Over time I became more invested in the project and gradually acquired the status of maintainer. I worked on accessability (#500, #1062), testing (#972), continuous integration (#527, #948), and documentation (#490, #796, #926). Besides submitting various Pull Requests for new or updated icons over time, I worked on the following issues:
- #488: Change icon color based on relative luminance.
- #658: Show search query in URL.
- #659: Implement fuzzy search.
- #726: Add option to sort alphabetically.
- #949: Add option to sort by relevance based on search.
- #1053: Remember user's ordering preference using the localStorage API.
- #1170: Improve search performance by utilizing CSS3 variables.
To automate the release process of Simple Icons I created a GitHub Actions action that generates a Pull Request to merge the development branch into the
master branch with release notes for the changes. The action is configured to create such a Pull Request every week.
In DefinitelyTyped/#42541 I added TypeScript type definition for the Simple Icons' NPM package.
This Vue.js package for Simple Icons integration was initiated by a user through issue simple-icons#1117. I contributed to this initiative mainly through issues, Pull Request reviews, and documentation. But also made some code contributions, including: